Any partnership, company or corporation which manufactures and, either directly or through a parent or subsidiary, sells sealing devices, is eligible to be elected to Regular Members in the Association provided, however, that any applicant must provide a notarized certification to the effect that the applicant has an annual sales volume of sealing devices of its own manufacture of $500,000 (U.S.) or more, in the product(s) that
qualify if for membership.
1. Sealing device – a device which prevents or controls the escape of a fluid or entry of a foreign material, the nature of which is considered by the Board of Directors of the Association to be common and/or related to the industry, and which is commonly used:
a. around shafts, rods, plungers and valve stems which are elements of cylinders,
pumps and valves,
b. between flanged surfaces to join pipes and seal equipment such as boilers,
mixers, etc., or
c. to control vibration and motion.
2. Manufacture – the process of machining, forming, shaping, molding, pressing, braiding, weaving, mixing, calendaring, coating, extruding or curing from raw or semifinished materials. The process of cutting or forming finished or semi-finished
materials, without more, shall not constitute manufacturing.
Any partnership, company or corporation which is engaged in the business of manufacturing and/or supplying to manufacturers of sealing devices, raw materials, equipment or supplies of any form or description used in the manufacture of sealing devices is eligible to be elected to Associate Membership in the Association.
Any partnership, company or corporation which is engaged in the business of testing raw materials, equipment or supplies of any form or description, which are used in the manufacture of sealing devices, or which is engaged in the testing of products manufactured by Regular Members, is eligible to be elected to Associate Membership in the Association.
Associate Members shall have all the privileges of membership, except that:
1. They shall be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association of which they are members or to which they have been invited. Meetings may be closed at any time by the Chairman or by a majority of the members of such committee or division present and voting.
2. Associate Members shall have the right to serve as Chairman or Vice-Chairman of a Division, however, voting on Division matters and officers would be left to the discretion of the Regular Members of the Division.
A sole proprietorship, partnership, company, corporation or business entity having no legal relationship or affiliation with any current regular member of the FSA and which
takes title to stocks/inventories sealing devices for resale. A Distributor/Channel Partner must have minimum annual sales of sealing devices of $100,000.
Distributor/Channel Partner members shall have the following privileges of membership:
1. Distributor/Channel Partner members shall be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association of which they are members or to which they have been invited.
2. Distributor/Channel Partner members may, at the sole and reasonable discretion of the Board of Directors, have not more than one (1) non-voting seat on the Association’s Board of Directors. Such seat, if approved by the Board, shall be filled by majority vote of the Distributor/Channel Partners and shall be for a single three (3) year term. A Distributor/Channel Partner Board participant shall not be eligible to hold office in the Association or to vote on matters placed before the Board of Directors for a vote.
3. Distributor/Channel Partner members shall have the right to serve as Chairman or Vice-Chairman of a division and/or committee and to vote on matters properly placed before the Association, division or committee membership for a vote.
Any partnership, company or corporation that is engaged in the business of publishing periodicals containing articles, stories, etc. that focus on the fluid sealing industry and fluid sealing products is eligible to be elected to Affiliate Membership in the Association.
Affiliate members shall have all of the privileges of membership except that:
1. Affiliate members shall have no vote in Association or Division matters, nor shall their
representatives to the Association be entitled to serve as members of the Board of
Directors or hold any office in the Association; and
2. Affiliate members shall only be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of
the Association to which they have been invited. Meetings may be closed at any
time by the Chairman or by a majority vote of the members of such committee or
Division present and voting.
Any partnership, company, corporation, sole proprietorship or government agency that is an engineering firm providing engineering services to sealing device manufacturers, distributors, channel partners or end users, or which is an end-user of sealing devices.
Standards Partner members must provide one or more of the following services:
1. sealing device systems engineering services,
2. process or facility design services,
3. procurement, project management, or construction services,
4. hydraulic or mechanical modeling services,
5. analytical methods services,
6. laboratory testing services, or
7. field-testing services to a facility owner, government, or vendor.
Standards Partners members shall have the following privileges of membership:
1. Standards Partners members shall have no vote on Association, division or committee matters, nor shall their representatives to the Association be entitled to serve as members of the Board of Directors or hold any office in the Association; and
2. Standards Partners members shall only be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association to which they have been invited by the committee or division Chair and are not eligible to serve as a Chair or Vice Chair of a division or
committee. Meetings may be closed at any time by the Chairman or by a majority
Why should YOUR company join FSA?
"Membership in FSA and specifically in the Mechanical Seal Division of FSA offers Flowserve benefits on several levels. Through collaboration with fellow FSA members who are our peers within the mechanical seal industry, we have been able to work to influence the development of regulations that impact our industry and to participate in training and publish materials that provide consistent messaging to our user base as to the most energy efficient, reliable, and cost effective application of our products. Participation in FSA meetings also provide us with access to reports and representations on the current trends in the global economy and activities within government and regulatory bodies around the world that will be shaping our industry in going forward."
Rob Phillips, Vice President of Global Engineering Flowserve, Flow Solutions Group Member -- FSA Board of Directors Technical Coordinating Committee Chair
"Being a member of both expansion joint divisions of the FSA allows us and the other division members to come together, not as competitors, but as one group to develop standards and guidelines for our customers to specify and purchase non-metallic piping and ducting expansion joints. Such standards and guidelines have been established to ensure that every product sold by an FSA member-company meets or exceeds the performance requirements for the intended product application."
Ed Marchese, President & CEO Proco Products, Inc FSA Past President
1. Founded in 1933, the FLUID SEALING ASSOCIATION® (FSA) is an international trade association. Member companies are involved in the production and marketing of a wide range of fluid sealing devices primarily targeted to the industrial market.
2. FSA membership includes a number of companies in Europe and Central and South America, but is most heavily concentrated in North America. FSA members account for a majority of the manufacturing capacity for fluid sealing devices in the Americas market.
3. The semi-annual newsletter affords each member a chance to announce new products and to submit a profile on their company.
4. Our four product Divisions enable members to keep current on industry trends.
5. Periodic updates are issued on regulations that affect the industry.
6. Each member has a chance to contribute to the Technical Manuals and standards developed by each of the Divisions.
7. Participation in joint marketing programs such as videos, trade shows and position papers.
8. Technical symposia, sponsored by the Divisions, give you an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the industry.
9. The semi-annual meetings are a place to meet with your peers and develop relationships that otherwise are difficult to cultivate.
In The Best Interests Of Our Members
Be the leading trade association that is recognized and accepted as a Subject matter expert and technical leader that advocates and influencesenvironmental compliance to create and raise standards in technology, safety, quality, and best practices for sealing devices. Educates in the correct adoption of technology and practices and is a key collaborator with organizations that influence and direct the development of key standards that directly impact the users of sealing devices. Driving strategies that create market access opportunities for its member companies
Fluid Sealing News
Fluid Sealing News Vol 1, 2016
Fluid Sealing News Vol 4, 2015
Fluid Sealing News Vol 3, 2015
Fluid Sealing News Vol 2, 2015
The FSA Advisor
FSA Highlights of 2016
FSA Highlights of 2016
* Participated in public hearings on the economic impact of providing duty-free exports of sealing devices as “Environmental Goods” to the World Trade Organization.
* Engagement and contribution to the EPA’s proposed rulemaking regarding the reduction of methane emissions.
* Established a series of PDH credited webinars.
* Established working relationships with the Hydraulic Institute and other industry associations.
* Expanded successful relationships with media partners to actively promote the FSA through increased visibility at industry trade shows.
* Improved social media following through deeper engagement in LinkedIn and additional exposure with Twitter.
Member Spotlight --
Triangle Fluid Controls Ltd
399 College St E Belleville, ON K8N 5S7 CANADA
Triangle Fluid Controls Ltd. is a market-driven and technology-based company serving customers throughout the world with innovative fluid sealing products and services. Durlon® sealing products provide reliability, cost savings and process safety improvements in a wide range of demanding applications. Durlon® sealing products include Compressed Non-Asbestos, PTFE, and Flexible Graphite Sheet Gasketing, Semi-Metallic Gaskets and finished Gaskets (Durlon® CFG, Durlon® RCA, Durlon® Durtec®). The wide range of high quality products are marketed to industrial, chemical process, pulp & paper, and refineries where severe services demand superior performance. All products are manufactured following a registered ISO 9001 quality system ensuring the end user of conformance, uniformity, and reliability. Durlon® Sealing products have the widest possible range of service applications, therefore, the number of different types of gaskets required to be inventoried can be greatly reduced. This impacts process safety because limiting the number of gasket styles reduces the change of installing the wrong gasket in the wrong service. For these reasons, more and more original equipment manufacturers and industrial consumers are specifying Durlon® gasket materials for their needs. Our state-of-the-art research and development facility is geared to meet the ever changing demands required in today’s variety of service conditions. Since their inception, Durlon® gasket materials have undergone many enhancements, each incorporating the latest technology to better meet the wide variety of industry’s changing needs. In 2011 Triangle Fluid Controls launched the industry’s first smartphone app for mobile gasket selection called iGasket®. The app resides on the users phone and does not require network connectivity which allows gasket selection to occur in remote locations or areas were wireless service is unavailable. iGasket® is available for most current smartphones running on the BlackBerry, iPhone, and Android platforms. An upcoming new release of the app will provide the availability to directly connect (when services permit) with authorized Durlon® distributors in the immediate service area of the user. Triangle Fluid Controls Ltd. recognizes that today more emphasis is being placed on fugitive emissions via the Clean Air Act in Canada and the United States, as well as various regulations in other countries. One of our prime design objectives is to maximize the sealability of our gasket materials to meet fugitive emission requirements.