Any partnership, company or corporation which manufactures and, either directly or through a parent or subsidiary, sells sealing devices, is eligible to be elected to Regular Members in the association provided, however, that any applicant must provide a notarized certification to the effect that the applicant has an annual sales volume of sealing devices of its own manufacture of $500,000 (U.S.) or more, in the product(s) that qualify it for membership.
Each Regular Member shall designate a voting representative who shall have the authority to vote on association matters properly placed before membership for a vote.
Sealing device – a device which prevents or controls the escape of a fluid or entry of a foreign material, the nature of which is considered by the Board of Directors of the association to be common and/or related to the industry, and which is commonly used:
a. around shafts, rods, plungers and valve stems which are elements of cylinders, pumps and valves;
b. between flanged surfaces to join pipes and seal equipment such as boilers, mixers, etc.; or
c. to control vibration and motion.
Manufacture – the process of machining, forming, shaping, molding, pressing, braiding, weaving, mixing, calendaring, coating, extruding or curing from raw or semi-finished materials. The process of cutting or forming finished or semi-finished materials, without more, shall not constitute manufacturing.
Any partnership, company or corporation which is engaged in the business of manufacturing and/or supplying to manufacturers of sealing devices, raw materials, equipment or supplies of any form or description used in the manufacture of sealing devices is eligible to be elected to Associate Membership in the association.
Any partnership, company or corporation which is engaged in the business of testing raw materials, equipment or supplies of any form or description, which are used in the manufacture of sealing devices, or which is engaged in the testing of products manufactured by Regular Members, is eligible to be elected to Associate Membership in the association.
Each Associate Member shall designate a voting representative who shall have the authority to vote on association matters properly placed before membership for a vote.
They shall be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the association of which they are members or to which they have been invited. Associate Members shall also have the right to serve as Chair or Vice Chair of a division or committee.
A sole proprietorship, partnership, company, corporation or business entity having no legal relationship or affiliation with any current regular member of the FSA and which takes title to stocks/inventories sealing devices for resale.
A Distributor/Channel Partner must have minimum annual sales of sealing devices of $100,000.
Distributor/Channel Partner members shall be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the association of which they are members or to which they have been invited.
Distributor/Channel Partner members shall have the right to serve as Chair or Vice Chair of a division or committee and to vote on matters properly placed before the association, division or committee membership for a vote.
Any partnership, company or corporation that is engaged in the business of publishing periodicals containing articles, stories, etc. that focus on the fluid sealing industry and fluid sealing products is eligible to be elected to Affiliate Membership in the association.
Affiliate members shall have no vote in association or division matters, nor shall their representatives to the association be entitled to serve as members of the Board of Directors or hold any office in the association.
Affiliate members shall only be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the association to which they have been invited.
Any partnership, company, corporation, sole proprietorship or government agency that is an engineering firm providing engineering services to sealing device manufacturers, distributors, channel partners or end users, or which is an end-user of sealing devices.
Standards Partner members must provide one or more of the following services:
1. sealing device systems engineering services;
2. process or facility design services;
3. procurement, project management, or construction services;
4. hydraulic or mechanical modeling services;
5. analytical methods services;
6. laboratory testing services; or
7. field-testing services to a facility owner, government, or vendor.
Standards Partners members shall have no vote on association, division or committee matters, nor shall their representatives to the association be entitled to serve as members of the Board of Directors or hold any office in the association.
Standards Partners members shall only be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association to which they have been invited by the committee or division Chair and are not eligible to serve as a Chair or Vice Chair of a division or committee.
Why should YOUR company join FSA?
"Being a member of both expansion joint divisions of the FSA allows us and the other division members to come together, not as competitors, but as one group to develop standards and guidelines for our customers to specify and purchase non-metallic piping and ducting expansion joints. Such standards and guidelines have been established to ensure that every product sold by an FSA member-company meets or exceeds the performance requirements for the intended product application."
Ed Marchese, President & CEO Proco Products, Inc FSA Past President
1. Founded in 1933, the FLUID SEALING ASSOCIATION® (FSA) is an international trade association. Member companies are involved in the production and marketing of a wide range of fluid sealing devices primarily targeted to the industrial market.
2. FSA membership includes a number of companies in Europe and Central and South America, but is most heavily concentrated in North America. FSA members account for a majority of the manufacturing capacity for fluid sealing devices in the Americas market.
3. The semi-annual newsletter affords each member a chance to announce new products and to submit a profile on their company.
4. Our four product Divisions enable members to keep current on industry trends.
5. Periodic updates are issued on regulations that affect the industry.
6. Each member has a chance to contribute to the Technical Manuals and standards developed by each of the Divisions.
7. Participation in joint marketing programs such as videos, trade shows and position papers.
8. Technical symposia, sponsored by the Divisions, give you an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the industry.
9. The semi-annual meetings are a place to meet with your peers and develop relationships that otherwise are difficult to cultivate.
Our mission is to be recognized as the primary source of technical information; to influence and support the development of related standards and to provide education in the fluid sealing area. To promote a safe, clean environment for society and a safe work place for our employees. To monitor the economic, environmental and social changes which may impact our membership’s business and to maintain a forum for the exchange of this information.
Fluid Sealing News
Fluid Sealing News Vol 1, 2016
Fluid Sealing News Vol 4, 2015
Fluid Sealing News Vol 3, 2015
Fluid Sealing News Vol 2, 2015
The FSA Advisor
FSA Highlights of 2016
What's Happening in the FSA?
* The Mechanical Seals Division is working to advance the KnowledgeBase with additional materials such as past Sealing Sense articles and content in different languages.
* The Gasket Division continues to work on its Spiral Wound Gasket Testing Standard.
* The Compression Packing Division has finished its handbook and has started creating KnowledegBase content.
* The Expansion Joint Division is uploading content into KnowledgeBase.
* The Government Affairs Committee has weighed in on proposed rules regarding methane emissions, not only in the USA, but in Canada and Mexico as well.
* Each Division is creating instructional videos along with having discussions with end users on the benefits to a system wide approach to fluid sealing.
Member Spotlight --
Industrias Vago de Mexico SA de CV
Hidalgo #743-A La Fama Santa Catarina, NL CP 66100 MEXICO
"INDUSTRIAS VAGO DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V." the company was formed and incorporated on April of 1975. Originally the name was " SEALOL S.A. DE C.V." It was a joint venture between E.G. &.G. International Inc.(49%) of The Cayman Islands, owners of E.G.G. SEALOL INC. of Providence, R. I. , U.S.A. and Mr.Oscar F. Vazquez E. (51%). The purpose of the company was to manufacture Sealol´s mechanical seals in Mexico. During 1985, E.G.&G sold their 49 % ownership to Oscar F. Vazquez E. and the name of the company was changed to the present name of Industrias Vago de Mexico. The company produces single and multiple spring seals for the Mexican domestic and Industrial markets, The seals are marketed under the trade mark “VAZEL” . At present Industrias Vago de México S.A. de C.V. has 120 employees, with 230 distributors in Mexico and 70 in Latin America, and also exports to 40 different countries. Industrias Vago only sells to Distributors, Pump OEM´s and other Seal Manufacturers. INDUSTRIAS VAGO DE MEXICO was awarded the ISO 9002-1994 certification by “LLOYD´S REGISTER QUALITY ASSURANCE “ on June 15, 2001, with the following approval marks, ANSI-RAB QMS for the United States of America , UKAS for the United Kingdom (England), RvA Quality Managment Systems for Holland, JAS-ANZ under the joint accreditation system of Australia and New Zealand, JAB QS ACREDITATION R 016 by the Japan Accreditation Board of Conformity Assessment.