"Being a member of both expansion joint divisions of the FSA allows us and the other division members to come together, not as competitors, but as one group to develop standards and guidelines for our customers to specify and purchase non-metallic piping and ducting expansion joints. Such standards and guidelines have been established to ensure that every product sold by an FSA member-company meets or exceeds the performance requirements for the intended product application."
"Membership in FSA and specifically in the Mechanical Seal Division of FSA offers Flowserve benefits on several levels. Through collaboration with fellow FSA members who are our peers within the mechanical seal industry, we have been able to work to influence the development of regulations that impact our industry and to participate in training and publish materials that provide consistent messaging to our user base as to the most energy efficient, reliable, and cost effective application of our products. Participation in FSA meetings also provide us with access to reports and representations on the current trends in the global economy and activities within government and regulatory bodies around the world that will be shaping our industry in going forward."
1. Founded in 1933, the FLUID SEALING ASSOCIATION® (FSA) is an international trade association. Member companies are involved in the production and marketing of a wide range of fluid sealing devices primarily targeted to the industrial market.
2. FSA membership includes a number of companies in Europe and Central and South America, but is most heavily concentrated in North America. FSA members account for a majority of the manufacturing capacity for fluid sealing devices in the Americas market.
3. The semi-annual newsletter affords each member a chance to announce new products and to submit a profile on their company.
4. Our four product Divisions enable members to keep current on industry trends.
5. Periodic updates are issued on regulations that affect the industry.
6. Each member has a chance to contribute to the Technical Manuals and standards developed by each of the Divisions.
7. Participation in joint marketing programs such as videos, trade shows and position papers.
8. Technical symposia, sponsored by the Divisions, give you an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the industry.
9. The semi-annual meetings are a place to meet with your peers and develop relationships that otherwise are difficult to cultivate.
Our mission is to be recognized as the primary source of technical information; to influence and support the development of related standards and to provide education in the fluid sealing area. To promote a safe, clean environment for society and a safe work place for our employees. To monitor the economic, environmental and social changes which may impact our membership’s business and to maintain a forum for the exchange of this information.