Any partnership, company or corporation which manufactures and, either directly or through a parent or subsidiary, sells sealing devices, is eligible to be elected to Regular Members in the Association provided, however, that any applicant must provide a notarized certification to the effect that the applicant has an annual sales volume of sealing devices of its own manufacture of $500,000 (U.S.) or more, in the product(s) that
qualify if for membership.
1. Sealing device – a device which prevents or controls the escape of a fluid or entry of a foreign material, the nature of which is considered by the Board of Directors of the Association to be common and/or related to the industry, and which is commonly used:
a. around shafts, rods, plungers and valve stems which are elements of cylinders,
pumps and valves,
b. between flanged surfaces to join pipes and seal equipment such as boilers,
mixers, etc., or
c. to control vibration and motion.
2. Manufacture – the process of machining, forming, shaping, molding, pressing, braiding, weaving, mixing, calendaring, coating, extruding or curing from raw or semifinished materials. The process of cutting or forming finished or semi-finished
materials, without more, shall not constitute manufacturing.
Any partnership, company or corporation which is engaged in the business of manufacturing and/or supplying to manufacturers of sealing devices, raw materials, equipment or supplies of any form or description used in the manufacture of sealing devices is eligible to be elected to Associate Membership in the Association.
Any partnership, company or corporation which is engaged in the business of testing raw materials, equipment or supplies of any form or description, which are used in the manufacture of sealing devices, or which is engaged in the testing of products manufactured by Regular Members, is eligible to be elected to Associate Membership in the Association.
Associate Members shall have all the privileges of membership, except that:
1. They shall be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association of which they are members or to which they have been invited. Meetings may be closed at any time by the Chairman or by a majority of the members of such committee or division present and voting.
2. Associate Members shall have the right to serve as Chairman or Vice-Chairman of a Division, however, voting on Division matters and officers would be left to the discretion of the Regular Members of the Division.
A sole proprietorship, partnership, company, corporation or business entity having no legal relationship or affiliation with any current regular member of the FSA and which
takes title to stocks/inventories sealing devices for resale. A Distributor/Channel Partner must have minimum annual sales of sealing devices of $100,000.
Distributor/Channel Partner members shall have the following privileges of membership:
1. Distributor/Channel Partner members shall be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association of which they are members or to which they have been invited.
2. Distributor/Channel Partner members may, at the sole and reasonable discretion of the Board of Directors, have not more than one (1) non-voting seat on the Association’s Board of Directors. Such seat, if approved by the Board, shall be filled by majority vote of the Distributor/Channel Partners and shall be for a single three (3) year term. A Distributor/Channel Partner Board participant shall not be eligible to hold office in the Association or to vote on matters placed before the Board of Directors for a vote.
3. Distributor/Channel Partner members shall have the right to serve as Chairman or Vice-Chairman of a division and/or committee and to vote on matters properly placed before the Association, division or committee membership for a vote.
Any partnership, company or corporation that is engaged in the business of publishing periodicals containing articles, stories, etc. that focus on the fluid sealing industry and fluid sealing products is eligible to be elected to Affiliate Membership in the Association.
Affiliate members shall have all of the privileges of membership except that:
1. Affiliate members shall have no vote in Association or Division matters, nor shall their
representatives to the Association be entitled to serve as members of the Board of
Directors or hold any office in the Association; and
2. Affiliate members shall only be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of
the Association to which they have been invited. Meetings may be closed at any
time by the Chairman or by a majority vote of the members of such committee or
Division present and voting.
Any partnership, company, corporation, sole proprietorship or government agency that is an engineering firm providing engineering services to sealing device manufacturers, distributors, channel partners or end users, or which is an end-user of sealing devices.
Standards Partner members must provide one or more of the following services:
1. sealing device systems engineering services,
2. process or facility design services,
3. procurement, project management, or construction services,
4. hydraulic or mechanical modeling services,
5. analytical methods services,
6. laboratory testing services, or
7. field-testing services to a facility owner, government, or vendor.
Standards Partners members shall have the following privileges of membership:
1. Standards Partners members shall have no vote on Association, division or committee matters, nor shall their representatives to the Association be entitled to serve as members of the Board of Directors or hold any office in the Association; and
2. Standards Partners members shall only be admitted to meetings of any committee or division of the Association to which they have been invited by the committee or division Chair and are not eligible to serve as a Chair or Vice Chair of a division or
committee. Meetings may be closed at any time by the Chairman or by a majority
Why should YOUR company join FSA?
"Membership in FSA and specifically in the Mechanical Seal Division of FSA offers Flowserve benefits on several levels. Through collaboration with fellow FSA members who are our peers within the mechanical seal industry, we have been able to work to influence the development of regulations that impact our industry and to participate in training and publish materials that provide consistent messaging to our user base as to the most energy efficient, reliable, and cost effective application of our products. Participation in FSA meetings also provide us with access to reports and representations on the current trends in the global economy and activities within government and regulatory bodies around the world that will be shaping our industry in going forward."
Rob Phillips, Vice President of Global Engineering Flowserve, Flow Solutions Group Member -- FSA Board of Directors Technical Coordinating Committee Chair
"Being a member of both expansion joint divisions of the FSA allows us and the other division members to come together, not as competitors, but as one group to develop standards and guidelines for our customers to specify and purchase non-metallic piping and ducting expansion joints. Such standards and guidelines have been established to ensure that every product sold by an FSA member-company meets or exceeds the performance requirements for the intended product application."
Ed Marchese, President & CEO Proco Products, Inc FSA Past President
1. Founded in 1933, the FLUID SEALING ASSOCIATION® (FSA) is an international trade association. Member companies are involved in the production and marketing of a wide range of fluid sealing devices primarily targeted to the industrial market.
2. FSA membership includes a number of companies in Europe and Central and South America, but is most heavily concentrated in North America. FSA members account for a majority of the manufacturing capacity for fluid sealing devices in the Americas market.
3. The semi-annual newsletter affords each member a chance to announce new products and to submit a profile on their company.
4. Our four product Divisions enable members to keep current on industry trends.
5. Periodic updates are issued on regulations that affect the industry.
6. Each member has a chance to contribute to the Technical Manuals and standards developed by each of the Divisions.
7. Participation in joint marketing programs such as videos, trade shows and position papers.
8. Technical symposia, sponsored by the Divisions, give you an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the industry.
9. The semi-annual meetings are a place to meet with your peers and develop relationships that otherwise are difficult to cultivate.
In The Best Interests Of Our Members
Be the leading trade association that is recognized and accepted as a Subject matter expert and technical leader that advocates and influencesenvironmental compliance to create and raise standards in technology, safety, quality, and best practices for sealing devices. Educates in the correct adoption of technology and practices and is a key collaborator with organizations that influence and direct the development of key standards that directly impact the users of sealing devices. Driving strategies that create market access opportunities for its member companies
Fluid Sealing News
Fluid Sealing News Vol 1, 2016
Fluid Sealing News Vol 4, 2015
Fluid Sealing News Vol 3, 2015
Fluid Sealing News Vol 2, 2015
The FSA Advisor
FSA Highlights of 2016
FSA Highlights of 2017
* Launched KnowledgeBase, an online database to provide easy navigation to key information and to educate and inform users on fluid sealing industry topics. Check it out at FSAknowledgebase.org.
* Published the Gasket Handbook, 1st edition.
* Established a series of PDH credited webinars.
* Established working relationships with the Hydraulic Institute and other industry associations.
* Expanded successful relationships with media partners to actively promote the FSA through increased visibility at industry trade shows.
* Improved social media following through deeper engagement in LinkedIn and additional exposure with Twitter.
Member Spotlight --
3050 Campus Drive Hatfield, PA 19440
FIBER-LINE® offers a broad range of continuous filament yarns and performance additives for braided compression packing yarns. We combine the yarns and coatings to create unique products designed to add performance and save you time and money.
For over 25 years, FIBER-LINE has provided science-driven expertise that improves the performance and the end-use processing of high performance fibers. Our products enable the search for new energy reserves and extend the life of fiber optic telecommunication cables. They also add important characteristics, such as SWELLCOAT® water-blocking, water repellence, adhesion, color and wear and UV-resistance to these and many other applications. We believe that our ongoing commitment to protect the environment, to remain at the forefront of fiber and coating technology, and to "treat others as we want to be treated" will continue to drive the success of our customers, shareholders, and employees.